Off-page SEO is responsible for your reputation and can impact ratings dramatically. In 2021, this approach is praised both by website owners and Google as a way to improve your Domain Authority and establish trustworthiness.
It also drives traffic to your site, increasing the number of leads, readers, and buyers. Improving SEO off page will show considerable results if you do it right.
A proper strategy contributes around 50% to the final rating of your site, meaning its significance can’t be doubted. But how to improve it? What strategies to utilize?
We’ve prepared a brief tutorial describing the 3 best methods of improving off page optimization. These will bring your business website, blog, or online store to another level!
What Is Off-Page SEO?
Everything that happens outside of your website is off-page optimization. Here are some of the factors included:
- Building links;
- Submitting guest posts;
- Review management;
- Optimizing social media pages, etc.
First of all, you need to analyze the connected metrics to find out where you have an issue. technicalustad.com shows a great way of off-page SEO analysis.
While you do that, get familiar with the TOP 3 approaches to improving your ranking and reputation outside the site.
Tip 1: Building Backlinks That Offer Value
One of the most important off page SEO factors is backlinks.
They build your reputation and authority, raise brand awareness, and improve ratings. It’s logical:
- Your link appears on a credible source;
- Google sees it, considers the link reputable as well;
- Your pages are indexed and ranked faster and higher.
One way to get valuable links is to provide great content. If you’re not a good writer or have a lot to do for the business, cooperate with talented copywriters. Hire designers to create infographics for you that other websites will use with a backlink. Encourage people to share that content.
Of course, you can build links manually as well. There’s an option of purchasing cheap backlinks that bring value. We know it’s frowned upon, but only because of the reputation of old spammy services.
The new-age backlink companies:
- Pick websites based on their Trust Score, Domain Authority, and Google rating;
- Verify every source to make sure it’s not spammy;
- Choose only relevant websites for your links;
- Can provide content for the links.
The link building cost will vary depending on the skills and effort you invest vs the money you’re going to pay to other services.
The key is to update your profile with backlinks that offer value. For that, always check the websites you’re going to work with and analyze the existing portfolio to pinpoint and remove any spammy links.
How can they get there:
- By your competitors playing the dirty game, sharing your links on low-quality websites;
- By some sources being hacked or abandoned, etc.
You should also clean all the links with URLs leading to errors and wrong redirections.
Tip 2: Submitting High-Quality Guest Post for Brand Awareness
The best tips for link-building involve guest posting.
They help establish your authority as a thought leader and/or a reliable business, get more backlinks, raise brand awareness, and increase search engine ratings. They should be:
From topic choice to an engaging intro, the article needs to be professionally written. You need a recognizable language that will be one of your trademarks. However, if the website owner demands, the content should be easily adaptable to any tone.
- Lists, headings, clear introduction and conclusion should all be in the text to make it easy to skim. This is the first thing readers do before getting deeper. If the content is just a bunch of large paragraphs, no one will bother to go through all of it, let alone clicking on links present there.
- The topic or your take on it should be unique. This should be either something completely new that will encourage people to read and get interested in or a different view on the existing problem. Make sure to check the text with plagiarism detection software.
- Relevant to the audience of the website.
People will only read something that resonates with them. Analyze the main theme of the blog and provide relevant and reliable information.
This doesn’t have to be text content. You can create a guestographic (a guest infographic), providing as much value but in an unusual form.
Tip 3: Social Media Interaction and Marketing
Social media is the king of marketing nowadays.
If you don’t market on social media, you’re doing it wrong. Millions of people visit these services every day, and they have incredible Domain Authorities:
- LinkedIn – 98;
- Facebook – 96;
- Twitter – 94;
- Instagram – 93.
Imagine having backlinks from those services. And you can put them there yourself!
Create accounts, hire SMM specialists and storymakers to help you create branded content that would be both valuable and aesthetically pleasing. Run ad campaigns and draw thousands of visitors to your website.
Update Your SEO Off Page Techniques Regularly
Whenever you see a steady decrease in traffic or ranking, consider looking into off-page optimization. Maybe some of your backlinks are broken or lead to an error on a page. Or maybe social media algorithms have changed and you need to utilize new marketing approaches.
And how long has it been since you’ve submitted a guest post? Maybe it’s time to find new websites to promote on.
Analyze the metrics and see where you have a problem. Even minor fixes will put you back on track. Use digital tools for in-depth analysis and hire link-building services when needed to improve your reputation with some high-quality links from credible websites.