Having an idea is not enough to start thinking of establishing a business. Running a Startup is not a cakewalk for sure.
It’s a tough decision to make and is more challenging when it comes to scale or expand the business. A lot many roadblocks will be there to block your path.
It proves to be stressful not only for owners and investors but for the whole team. It takes months to analyze new markets, customers, and processes.
For smooth functioning, startups need to run businesses with a customer-centric mindset to engage their targeted audience.
Having a pool of skilled and experienced talent on the floor is highly important for your business growth. Hiring a team of top developers helps you kickstart your product idea and run processes smoothly.
Choosing an MVP approach is also one of the options for startups to make their product launch faster in the market. However, scaling your business is crucial whatever approach you follow if you want to build a successful product.
Here are some quick tips for early startups to scale their product development teams.
Keeping Old and New Teams Balanced and Engaged
Scaling not only means expanding your business with the new elements and leaving behind the old ones. Rather, it’s a mixed match of older and the new ones to make it a perfect fit.
While scaling your startup, make sure everyone in the team should be on the same page. Here are few tips for you:
- Make new employees comfortable with the team. You can introduce them to the existing employees and the company’s culture. And more importantly, the person can freely provide you with good suggestions, or ideas, or any kind of help in the future.
- Always Keep the balance of the old and new employees. Keep the ratios to let all the teams stay independent. Also, don’t avoid or neglect outsourced teams.
- Do encourage communication between the teams without any halt. Initiate meetings, conferences, daily scrums to engage teams that also help them share their thoughts and ideas. This will help all the teams of all departments to be on the same page and exchange their experience.
- Whether you hire react developers, angular developers, scala developers, or any other technology expert, it is imperative to ensure that they are on the same page as the other in-house team members. Create documentation, guides, a handbook, and a list of the collaboration tools and best practices to be followed.
Have a Regular Check On to the Project Management
While you are scaling your app development teams you will have to pay even more attention to project management. Listed down some quick things to do:
- Plan your task list in such a way that it’s always full and each task is assigned to somebody in your team.
- Each team member should be responsible for a single part of the project so that there aren’t any confusion or misunderstandings.
- Use remote collaboration tools such as – Jira, Slack, Trello, etc.
The Product Manager plays a crucial role during the product development process and when dealing with different teams working on it. He should make things understandable to each of the team members and make the process smoother. A proper communication channel should be installed to avoid communication gaps if any.
Either Automate or Outsource Almost Everything
Be it automation or IT outsourcing, both prove beneficial to the businesses and help in smooth workflow processes in every business kind.
Effective Scaling demands tech expertise and a pool of skilled talent, without this you can’t scale your business.
Finding ways to automate processes or software development outsourcing tasks/processes to third-party vendors can help scale your business.
Automation and outsourcing help businesses to free some resources for core offerings to work at scale. Businesses can then focus more on scaling teams and processes.
Seamless Communication Is the Best Way Out To Scale
Scaling your business needs constant and seamless communication between different teams. Organize meetings, conferences, daily scrums to engage teams so that they can share their thoughts and ideas and also about the company’s values, priorities, and vision.
Seamless communication can be made between the in-house and remote teams using remote collaboration tools, i.e., Jira, Slack, Trello, etc.,
Also, make the communication seamless and smooth when communicating with employees as well as clients.
Keeping All the teams on the Same Page
Focussing on the company’s strategy and mission is not only a business owner’s job. Rather, it’s a collective effort of all employees associated with the company to boost revenues.
Every team member should be dedicated entirely to their commitments and maintain a proper corporate culture.
Team members should understand their core responsibilities towards the business and adapt to the real-time challenges that come across.
Regular meetings and video conferencing keep teams engaged and aligned at all times.
Scaling a startup development team benefits businesses with massive growth and the ability to face real-time challenges in this fast-changing digital world. It should never be considered an afterthought and should be embedded in your product specifications.
A proper scaling methodology will lead you towards a successful product launch and always boost your revenue growth.
About The Author
Tanya Kumari leads the Digital Marketing & Content for Classic Informatics, a global web and custom software development company. She is an avid reader, music lover and a technology enthusiast who likes to be up to date with all the latest advancements happening in the techno world. When she is not working on her latest article on tech dynamics, you can find her by the coffee machine, briefing co-workers on the perks of living a healthy lifestyle and how to achieve it.