In the world with over 1.6 billion sites for users to opt from, grabbing the slice of customer attention is a daunting task.
You want the website visitors to interact with your site as well as take the desired actions. Also, you wish to interact with the offered content or buy your services or products which ultimately lead to their conversion. Now, this is where CRO i.e., Conversion Rate Optimization comes into the picture as it helps ensure the fact that the website visitors achieve the micro goals and stay on the path for achieving the macro goal.
CRO aims to better any metric on the site which is useful for your lead generation company. It might include attracting new consumers or increasing downloads, sales, and registrations. It turns the passive browsers into invaluable conversions as well as increases the conversion rate. In a nutshell, Conversion Rate Optimization refers to utilizing user analytics and insights to modify the key performance indicators.
Follow these 7 CRO tips and tricks and convert as many customers as you can –
1. Keep your Website Mobile-Friendly – Nowadays, it has become more relevant to optimize the website for getting a better mobile experience. You can produce a lot of organic traffic as well go for Conversion rate Optimization by providing a better experience to your customers with a mobile-friendly site.
Needless to say, optimizing sites for Smartphone devices and mobile can assist you to raise revenue effectively. You should know that most of the visitors avoid browsing through cluttered and complex sites overloaded with a lot of text, unnecessary links, and heavy graphics. So, the first and foremost step while optimizing your website for a quality mobile experience is to keep the site design useful and simple.
It is imperative to keep the design minimal and graphics light for optimizing your website to get maximum speed. Keep your website layout as smooth as possible and make it a point that you use a minimum number of pages.
2. Begin on a Small Level – There is a high probability that you will face some reluctance while attempting to execute your Conversion rate Optimization i.e., CRO program. In case you are just starting, it is usually best for keeping your CRO initiatives as small as possible. As a result, you won’t draw a lot of attention as well as won’t be way too dependent upon the outside support.
For example, you can aim at tuning and testing irrelevant landing pages first (say the landing page from one of the marketing campaigns) then eventually build the case towards the more high-traffic, significant ones. By keeping the projects small in the beginning, things can be done with minimum assistance from IT folks or designers. Utilize these opportunities for making sufficient gains to assist convince the naysayers for supporting your efforts. In case you wish the CRO program to go ahead, minimize the scope as well as concentrate on signifying its value to the organization.
3. Draw the attention of qualified traffic – The moment any person visits your website, he/she has already been introduced to the message as well as is already as informed as he/she can be about the offer, and thereby there is a high probability of conversion. To get the maximum CRO achievements, you should take out some time for working on the acquisition sources to attract as much qualified traffic as possible that is interested in what your business is offering.
First of all, you should be as well placed as possible in the main keywords of your sector through targeting words particular to the offer for giving you the golden chance of optimizing the conversion rate. Work on the AdWords advertising through setting up hugely targeted adverts specified to every audience segment. If you want, you can also change the SEO efforts for bringing more proficient leads. Ultimately, use affiliation through placing ads on sites near or in your sector for reaching out to an audience the same as that of yours who will have a much greater chance of being interested and converted.
4. Utilize A/B Testing – A/B testing is considered as one of the most effective methods for conversion rate optimization. It can aid you to examine what is working as well as what is not working for the website.
A/B tests assist the business to comprehend that adding the contextual
CTA (call-to-action) button could modify their conversion rates. One of the major aspects while running the A/B tests is for determining the correct sample size. Wondering why? Because an improper or incorrect sample size generally results in Type 1 (false positive)/Type 2 (false negative) errors. These results might misguide you as well as the point in the wrong direction, thereby making it tough for increasing conversion. Significantly, you opt for the correct audiences for the split test as showcasing the test pages to the wrong audiences will end up skewing your data.
5. Expand your KPIs – KPIs or as we call it, Key Performance Indicators are those metrics that allow you to know how far or near you are from attaining specific business goals. There is no denying the fact that among the most valid KPIs to evaluate the marketing strategy is the conversion rate. However, one of the most effective CRO tips to keep in mind is that it must not be the single one you need to monitor. It could be paradoxical, however, the simplest way for failing in CRO is to get obsessed over the conversions.
In case you wish the optimization program to become successful, then you should learn to have a look at how Conversion Rate Optimization fits into the bigger picture. The only way to do that is to utilize metrics that matter to the company. For instance, in case you are the e-commerce retailer, you would wish to know about the impact of optimization activities on average order value as well as how many times the customer buys from you.
6. Make an Easy-To-Understand Message – When it comes to useful CRO tips, you should make sure that the website has an easy-to-understand message so that you can achieve a quality conversion rate. Recognize the message you wish to send as well as optimize how it is included on the website. Through identifying your offer/product’s advantages and specificities as well as testing the success among your target audience by providing, for instance, quicker delivery than others, you can examine what advantages to highlight for strengthening your CRO and value proposition.
Once you have identified the value proposition, make it a point that it is understandably presented to the visitors. By testing distinctive methods of displaying data, you will get the one that works most successfully among the audience as well as come to the simple and clear navigation for your site that will fasten the conversion of your visitors.
7. Add Customization the Optimization List – If you are someone who knows What is CROand how it can benefit your business, then you must be aware of the fact that driving customer traffic to your website is a difficult task however making people stick is even more difficult. In case you wish to convert your website visitors into buying, actual consumers, you should keep them involved on your website. Now, this is where personalization comes into the picture as it is a technique that includes customizing visuals, content, emails, CTAs etc.for meeting the preference, needs, and tastes of your website visitors.
Adding customization can assist you to triple or double conversion rates. The fact that on average, businesses are spending $2000 on CRO tools is enough to state the significance of Conversion Rate Optimization. Begin your personalization practices by segmenting the audience as it will assist you to tailor the marketing for good results. Utilize analytical data as well as segment the audiences into key groups as per their psychographic, geographic, and demographic location.
Whether you are a pro when it comes to Conversion Rate Optimization or you are a beginner in this field with absolutely no knowledge of What is CRO, make sure to do enough research about which strategy or tip is the most useful one for you. It is a science that needs the time and patience of your marketing team. Always remember that in the end, plenty of customer traffic does not guarantee you sales and in case you would like to better your conversion rates, ensure the fact that people stay on the website for a long period with the help of the right strategies.
Apeksha Goswami is a Digital Marketing Executive at Activant.Her focus is on creating a well-knit digital link between the audience and the company which helps develop a sturdy relationship and drive new traffic towards the clients. She believes in herself a little more and also loves to express her thoughts to the world on Instagram.