Torrents offer one of the best ways to find movies, books, PDFs and other files but getting them onto your iPhone has always required using your PC. Now you can use an app called iTransmission and download torrents directly to your device. It’s completely free so read on for all the details.
- Completely free
- No need to jailbreak
- Supported on all iOS devices
- Add new torrents with one tap
- Control downloads with a tap
- Use Wi-Fi or data for downloads
- See information about your torrents
- User-friendly app
- Lots more features
How to Download iTransmission:
iTransmission is not available in the official app store but there are two other ways to get the app onto your iPhone.
Method 1: AppValley App
AppValley is an unofficial app installer, providing access to thousands of free apps and games, as well as iTransmission.
- Download AppValley using the detailed guide on the official website here appvalleyapp.com
- Launch it and find iTransmission Client.
- Tap the app and install it, following the on-screen guide
If you see an untrusted developer error when you try to use iTransmission here’s how to clear it:
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Tap the developer name
- Tap Trust
Method 2: IPA File
This requires you to sideload iTransmission onto your iPhone or iPad and the best way to do that is with Cydia Impactor. You can use the tool to install up to three apps on your iPhone or iPad but, because it is sideloading unofficial files, signing them so you can use them, there is a downside to this method – every few days, the app will crash and you will need to reactivate it by following the installation steps again.
Here’s how to use Cydia Impactor to install iTransmission:
- Fire up your computer and download Cydia Impactor. Extract the file contents
- Next, download the iTransmission IPA file – it is around 26MB
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch Cydia Impactor
- Wait until it has correctly identified your device and then click the Device button
- Click on Install Package, locate your IPA file and click it. Alternatively, simply drag the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and password (create an app-specific one) and wait
- When Cydia Impactor has signed the file, go to your iOS Settings app
- Tap General>Profiles and tap iTransmission
- Tap Trust and close it – iTransmission is now ready for use.
While you do not need to jailbreak to use Cydia Impactor there is another similar option for those who do already have a jailbreak. Download an app called ReProvision and that can be sued for sideloading IPA files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the most common iTransmission questions:
What Can I Use iTransmission for?
iTransmission app is used for downloading torrent files onto your iPhone or iPad. You do need to be on iOS 10 or higher to use it.
How Safe Is It?
100% safe, but do make sure you use the official link to download it from – other links may contain malware. And, because you are not jailbreaking, your device isn’t open to security issues.
Why Has iTransmission Stopped Working?
Probably because the app certificate was revoked. Remember that you have to activate it every few days so follow the installation steps above each time to get the certificate working again. If it doesn’t work, delete iTransmission and start again.
Where Do My Downloaded Torrent Files Get Stored?
All downloaded torrents are stored in var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Downloads
What About Jailbreaking?
There is no need for you to jailbreak to use iTransmission. Simply choose your method – AppValley or IPA file – and install it directly to your device, using the trusted links we provide.
iTransmission is a cool app that makes installing torrents to your device simple. It is the mobile version of the desktop Transmission app and it works perfectly. Choose whichever method suits you – if you opt for the AppValley method, you will get the choice of thousands of other apps and games to download too. Otherwise, if you only want iTransmission, use the IPA method.
Download it, share this with your friends and tell us what you think of the app.