All professional recruiters spend a lot of time trying to find a balance between automation and personalization, combining high technology with a personal approach.
SMS messaging is the best way to communicate if you want to make sure your message is received and read by the recipient within a reasonable amount of time.
And because 90-99% of texts sent are read and 9 out of 10 texts are read within 3 minutes of being sent – this is the most powerful weapon in mobile recruiting and you better pick up your phone and start texting right now.
How SMS mailings help staffing
HR managers and employees need to be mobile and constantly stay in touch with their staff and potential employees.
SMS mailing is a unique tool for communication and interaction between potential and current employees. So:
1. Communicate with applicants, create your base for regular mailings about personnel changes and innovations.
2. Communicate and develop relationships with staff – this will allow you to have a heated audience, which at the time you need will be able to close your need for staff.
3. Send messages to existing employees that the company is looking for new employees. Believe me, there is a high probability that one of them will recommend their acquaintances and friends to you, which will simplify and speed up the search for candidates for vacant positions.
4. Predict the situation. The staff can be staffed, but the efficiency of the workers is not the highest. Explore why this is happening. It is possible that your store/office does not have enough staff to cope with the load and a large number of customers. Then you need to take more people. Or vice versa, too many staff, and workers begin to compete with each other and literally scare away customers. In such cases, mailing to the client base with a survey will allow you to get feedback on this situation.
5. Help new employees adapt and remind existing ones about the goals of the company, what should be paid attention to in work. It is quite possible that your business is moving to a “new track” due to the pandemic, new standards are being introduced (contactless delivery, for example). Your employees need to be aware of these innovations.
SMS mailing is a great way to recruit using sms looking for new employees. It also allows you to keep in good shape and existing staff. Be sure to use text messages, come up with new and unconventional methods to always win in the job market.
Benefits of job promotion via SMS
First of all, texting, in comparison to emailing, another popular communication tool among recruiters, makes it easier to get in touch with a job seeker rapidly. This is because text messages are typically read within only 3 minutes, while emails tend to be opened within 48 hours, if they haven’t been redirected to the spam folder.
There are situations where texting can be a more appropriate way to keep in touch with job seekers. Lots of people are looking for a new job while already in employment. Sending them a text message instead of calling them won’t interfere with their working day or provoke unwanted questions from colleagues. So, as they are kept abreast of news instantly, these candidates can choose for themselves whether it’s convenient for them to talk to you.
- Trust. Our users trust the information we send on our behalf. Newsletters with your vacancy will not be perceived as advertising or spam, but will be useful content for job seekers. Only those who are interested in it will receive the newsletter.
- Extensive targeting options. Tell about your vacancy to those who fit your criteria. Get only relevant responses and don’t waste your time on unsuitable candidates.
- No restrictions. If the applicant is not actively looking for a job, this does not mean that he will refuse an interesting offer. Newsletters are a good way to reach out to a “passive” audience as well.
SMS campaigns can speed up the entire process of filling vacant positions, as you can communicate with all candidates at the same time. Moreover, with special personalization features of our texting service you won’t lose the personal touch when bulk messaging. This is a very important aspect when building long-term relationships with clients.
What are the main uses for SMS today?
In today’s world, there are N number of use-cases if we talk about bulk SMS. Some of the important use-cases are listed below:
1. Marketing: Bulk SMS are heavily used for marketing purposes nowadays because it has the highest opening rate along with it being the most affordable marketing tool available.
2. Transactional: It is one of the best tools for sending transactional information like tracking details, order confirmation, feedback forms, etc to users with the help of API integration with any of your platforms.
3. OTP: In today’s world, 2-factor authentication is very much important and for this, you can use OTP SMS for verifying the user’s number.
4. Customer Engagement: To engage your users, bulk SMS is one of the best ways so that you can send customized offers, birthday and anniversary wishes, festival wishes, etc.
If the applicant is not actively looking for a job, this does not mean that he will refuse an interesting offer. Newsletters are a good way to reach out to a “passive” audience as well.
Potential Uses in Recruiting
As you have already noticed, the smartphone opens up a wide range of opportunities for recruiting. The possibilities of using a smartphone in recruiting:
- Send text messages. The use of SMS messages provides excellent opportunities for communication and interaction with candidates. Many cutting-edge organizations use text messaging to direct candidates to recruiters, schedule interviews, ask simple questions, and help new hires adjust.
- Report job openings. You can send a message to the candidate about the upcoming vacancy.
- Report events. You can notify potential candidates of opportunities to contact a recruiter at trade shows, seminars, and job fairs. After viewing the list of applications, you can make sure that the event has been added to the calendar.
In addition, the younger generation is increasingly choosing sms mailing instead of email.
It’s hard to deny the fact that almost every person you might want to hire has a mobile phone. The possibilities of mobile phones have increased so much that they can be used for almost any method of communication in recruiting.
Directors of recruiting companies should pay attention to the use of mobile phones as the most effective means of communication in recruiting.
The use of SMS messages provides excellent opportunities for communication and interaction with candidates. Many cutting-edge organizations use text messaging to direct candidates to recruiters, schedule interviews, ask simple questions, and help new hires adjust.