The times when all your employees had to be sitting in one central office are long gone. Today you are no longer limited to one city or one country in terms of employment, having access to global talent via online resources. But is it reasonable to find the required programmer half a world away and go through all the hassle of bringing them to your country? Luckily, this issue is easily solved with staff augmentation. Here we cover all essentials of this concept and explain how you can take benefit of qualified IT staff augmentation in Ukraine.
What Is IT Staffing?
Before rushing to hire new talent abroad, you should clarify, “what is IT staff augmentation?” It’s an outsourcing option allowing you to staff your project with the help of a remote staffing vendor. In other words, you hire full-time employees who work in a remote office on your project only.
Benefits of IT Staff Augmentation for Your Business
The idea that you can have a team of programmers working in an office on your project, equipped with all the necessary hardware and software, officially employed and receiving all social perks, is definitely appealing. The best about it is that you don’t need to manage all the hassle on your own; they work in a remote office, provided with all necessities by the staffing vendor, while you only pay the vendor’s fee for those administrative services.
Here are the key advantages you’re sure to get from IT staffing:
Hiring new developers is costly and time-consuming. You need to allocate resources and money on finding and screening resumes, conducting interviews and tests, official employment, and legal hassle, as well as purchasing new equipment and software for new team members. With IT staffing, all that hassle is managed by the vendor for a fee.
- Quicker recruitment
If you don’t have qualified recruiters, the process of hiring may stretch infinitely. IT staffing vendors usually have a team of experienced recruitment specialists who can do the work in record timeframes for you.
- Lower operational expenditures
Office space, hardware, software, payroll, accounting, taxes, social package, etc. – all these operational expenditures may become a real headache with in-house staff. But with IT staffing, they are the vendor’s responsibility, not yours.
- Access to global talent
If you outsource software development, you are no longer limited by the available workforce in your location. You can set up a remote team in any corner of the world.
- Flexibility and scalability
IT staffing is highly flexible in terms of adding or removing team members on demand. In case your business grows, and you need more programmers, you can quickly scale your remote team by asking the vendor to hire additional staff.
How to Make Use of Staff Augmentation?
As soon as you decide that the outstaffing model suits you, it’s high time to scan the market and find the IT staff augmentation companies with which you can work. The choice may depend on the selection of the target market, your budget, and staffing needs. Once you determine all these criteria and make the final section of a vendor, it’s time to take several steps separating you from the remote dream team:
- Criteria formulation. When you find the an IT staffing company, it’s vital to specify all hiring criteria to make sure the vendor hires the right staff to your team. To complete this step, you need to provide data on the number of staff, the list of core and optional skills and competences, qualifications, and expertise they should possess. The seniority level of developers and the budget you have for the entire team will also serve as vital guiding lines for the vendor’s recruiters.
- Resume review. Once the vendor gets your entry data, the next step is to begin the actual candidate search. Recruiters scan the available databases, choosing suitable resumes, and contacting the candidates to check their availability. You can also instruct the vendor to let candidates pass practical tests for skill verification. After the interviewing, you are to confirm candidates you deem suitable for the remote team.
- Onboarding. After hiring the new developer or team, you should ensure that they match the in-house development staff well. This may be achieved by an onboarding session or a personal meeting in the vendor’s office for a quick acquaintance.
- Support during work. Keep in mind that a remote team is still your team, so it’s strategically important to invest in communication and support to keep their performance high. Don’t ignore the collection of feedback and relationship-building, which are essential components of long-term cooperation.
As you see, staffing has never been as easy as it is now, with IT staff augmentation solutions. Choose a location, set concrete criteria, and enjoy watching your project progress!