Blackjack is one of the world’s most played casino games on the net. Together with closely related Baccarat and Roulette, they often make up the bulk of each casino’s table game offerings. It is possible to play blackjack online both against the computer and with a dealer in live casino. Below we go over how to play the popular card game, what might be worth thinking about before you get started, as well as the benefits of playing blackjack online in India.
Basic rules for Blackjack online
Blackjack rules are quite simple. A round is played between a participant and the dealer with up to eight playing cards. Initially, two cards are dealt to each party. Then both parties can choose to draw more cards or to stay. The goal is to get as close to the score total 21 as possible. If the player or dealer gets a hand over 21, the round is automatically lost.
If you get close to 21 or if the dealer exceeds 21, you win. However, if you get the same amount as the dealer, the dealer wins.
As there are usually a couple of blackjack tables in each operator’s table game category, blackjack rules online is also not often played around a virtual table against a live dealer and up to six other players. Many of the best gaming sites want to embrace the feeling that you are in a real casino and include, for example, the opportunity to talk to other players through a shared chat in live casino.
Terms and concepts in blackjack
Blackjack contains a lot of concepts and terms. If you are new, it can easily feel overwhelming. However, here we mapped out the most important concepts you come across during a round of blackjack online.
- Blackjack: The best possible hand in the game and consists of an ace combined with a card worth 10 (10, Jack or King), resulting in a total value of 21.
- Bust: The player / Dealer has one hand with a card value of over 21 in his hand.
- Split: If you get two cards with the same value, more called pairs, the player can choose to split the pair and play with two hands. This is called splitting the cards.
- Push: Push is used when both parties have a hand of the same value. This results in an equal result and you have the opportunity to either withdraw your bet or keep the bet until the next round.
- Hit: Hit refers to when the player draws additional cards after the first two cards are dealt.
- Double down: After two cards are awarded to the player, the participant may choose to add another bet of the same value. The rules vary slightly from casino to casino, but overall, players are not allowed to draw more cards if you choose to double the bet.
- Ace: Referred to a hand with ace. An ace is worth 1 or 11 depending on what the player prefers.
- Advantage: Refers to the takeover, or the party with the greatest percentage chance of winning the round. Before starting a round, the dealer often takes over. However, it is not uncommon for the takeover to show the player advantage after the first two cards have been dealt.
- Early Surrender: Many operators offer the chance to withdraw from a game after two cards are dealt. If the player chooses to make an “early surrender”, the participant loses only half the bet.
How do you play blackjack online?
There are many amusing variants of blackjack rules aimed at blackjack players in India. When playing online you first start by making a bet. Then it’s time for the dealer to hand out the cards. The distribution process shifts slightly from casino to casino. However, two open cards are always dealt to the players as well as one open and one card with the value down to the dealer.
After two cards are dealt, the participant looks over their options. The goal is to get or get as close to 21 as possible. With that in mind, the player can choose to draw additional cards or to stay. After the player has made a decision, the value of the dealer’s second card is revealed. If the dealer’s hand is worth less than 17 in total, the dealer can also choose to draw additional cards. The hand that finally has a value close to 21 wins the round.