Minecraft may be a very simple game based on blocky graphics, rather than the high-resolution, life-like graphics we are used to in today’s games. But it is still one of the most popular games ever released, partly because of its simplicity and partly because it offers so much fun and entertainment. Originally released for Windows desktops only, now it works on multiple platforms including iOS and Android devices. Read on to find out how you can install it on your Android device today.
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a virtual sandbox game that allows players to create worlds, explore and build up their own environment. It’s a survival and exploration game – you explore your surroundings for materials, to build a home, craft armor, weapons, traps and more, and build your home, defending it against the many enemies and monsters that roam the land. You can even raise animals and crops for food. It is an interactive game; how much is down to you. You can join with other players or you can play a solo game and you get out as much as you put into the game.
How to Download Minecraft PE:
Minecraft PE is the mobile version of the game but it isn’t free, costing $6.99 from the app store. However, there is some good news; you can get Minecraft PE for free, including all in-app features unlocked, by downloading an external app store.
It’s called ACMarket and it offers Android users a great alternative to the official Android store, with thousands of modified and tweaked Android apps, games and more.
- First, open your Android Settings app
- Tap on Security and enable the Unknown Sources option – this allows third-party content to be installed on your device
- Now download the AC Market APK on to your device
- Go into Downloads and tap the file – the app store will be installed on your device
- Tap the ACMarket icon on your home screen to open it
- Search for Minecraft PE – use the built-in search bar
- Tap Get next to the app
- Tap Install and Minecraft PE will be installed on your device
How Good is Minecraft PE?
It’s like any game; you get out of it exactly what you want and the game is exactly what you want it to be. The game begins with you in the middle of an empty world and your first job is to find the resources you need to build your home. You can find those by chopping trees in the forest, digging in the ground, exploring caves and mines, in the lakes and sea and so on. Use those resources to craft your own armor and weapons, build your own defense systems and traps, hunt for food and grow your own. And it’s down to you to fight off the monsters and zombies that attack, many of them at night – head back to your house at night and you’ll be relatively safe – so long as it is well-defended, of course.
You could play for a few minutes a day or for much longer; it really is down to you. And the more you build, the more you will want to build and improve your systems. It is a simple game but it is also incredibly addictive – the more you play, the more you will want to play, its as simple as that.
Minecraft PE Features
Minecraft is packed with cool features, including:
- A simple, blocky game with plenty of entertainment
- An adventurous game of survival
- Works on all major platforms
- Build your home and your environment from nothing
- Learn how to find resources, to survive and to expand your world
- Battle monsters, zombies, even other players that attack
- Find and explore new worlds
- Explore forests, seas, lakes, mines, caves, and more
- Choose from three game modes – Adventure, Survival, and Creative
- Play solo or join up with other players
- Creative Mode lets you share your unique builds with others
- Plenty of customizations
- Lots of other features
How to Delete Minecraft PE
If you decide that you no longer want Minecraft PE on your device, simply delete it:
- Go into your Android Settings app
- Tap on the Apps and Notifications option
- Tap on All Apps
- Look for Minecraft PE in the list and tap it
- Tap on Uninstall
Minecraft PE will be removed from your device immediately
Minecraft PE really is an incredibly popular app, bringing one of the best desktop games to mobile users the world over. It is addictive, there is no doubt about that but, with the mobile version, you can play the game anywhere you want. And with ACMarket, you get it for free; what could be better than that.
Download Minecraft PE today and join in the biggest craze the mobile world has ever experienced.