SQL Servers are used widely both for personal usage and business work. People are using them everywhere. I use an MS SQL server for my personal projects but with time, you may run into unfortunate problems and software issues that can damage databases and corrupt the files inside them.
If you are facing any issues related to the MS SQL server, you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to review Stellar Repair for MS SQL and guide you through the installation process and how to use it.
What is Stellar Repair for MS SQL?
Stellar Repair is an advanced SQL recovery software designed to help users recover files and restore databases. There are many types of errors and issues that a SQL server can run into such as corruption in MDF and NDF files, losing connection, lost server .log file, DBCC CheckDB not working and many more. If you are not an expert at SQL, facing these problems can be scary and confusing, sometimes, even for experts.
Stellar Repair for MS SQL is one for all recovery software for all your SQL problems. It is easy to use software that helps you in recovering corrupted and lost data files on your SQL database. It can recover all the different types of database components such as tables, triggers, keys, rules, indexes, and more.
Features of Stellar Repair
Stellar Repair comes loaded with all the features you need in a SQL repair and recovery software. There is no need for you to download different softwares for all your problems. Stellar Repair can solve all your database queries.
- MDF and NDF File recovery
Usually, MDF and NDF files are affected by data corruption. These files are important for your database. The .mdf file is the primary data file that stores the database header and all the informative data whereas the .ndf is the user-defined secondary data that contains user data. You really don’t want to lose this data but if you end up losing it Stellar Repair can recover it for you.
- Easily Recover deleted records
Wish you could extract the table records from the corrupted database? Stellar Repair can recover deleted table from any corrupted databases. You can recover all table records in a newly created table to help you differentiate between old and new records.
- Option to recover SQL database objects
This tool can recover different types of database elements such as Tables, Keys, Indexes, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Rules, User Defined Functions, and more. Stellar Repair also supports the recovery of XML indexes and data types, column set property, sparse columns, and file stream data types.
- Save the database in different file types
After recovering a database, you can save the recovered database in different types of file format like MDF, CSV, HTML, and XLS. This way you do not need to set up a SQL server every time you need to check the files or look up info in a database.
- Search specifically for a file or data
Stellar Repair has the option to search for specific items. It comes with the ‘Find Items’ option to search for specific items on basis of two criteria: ‘Match whole word’ or ‘Match case’. There is no need for you to search an entire database for one item.
- Available on different platforms
Stellar Repair is available on Linux and Window platforms. It supports and works on different versions of OS. Stellar Repair supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 OS. It is also compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit) / Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit) / Ubuntu 19.10 (64-bit) / CentOS 7 (64 bit) / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (64bit).
It comes with many other features as well such as saving scan results, a specialized toolkit, Windows and SQL server authentication, preview files before restoring, and many more which you will learn about as you start using Stellar Repair.
Stellar Repair for MS SQL Installation
Before you go for installation, make sure your device meets the requirements:
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel-compatible (x86, x64)
Memory: 8 GB (recommended) 4 GB (minimum)
Hard Disk: 250 MB for installation files
MS SQL Server:MS SQL Server 2019,MS SQL Server 2017,MS SQL Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2014, MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2008 (64 bit), 2008 Express, MS SQL Server 2005, 2005 (64 bit), 2005 Express, MS SQL Server 2000, 2000 (64 bit), 7.0 and mixed formats.
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 / 2008 / 2003 and Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
Follow these steps to install Stellar Repair on your computer:
- Download Stellar Repair from their official site.
- After downloading the setup file, locate the .exe file and double click to run it.
- A setup dialog box will appear on your screen. Click Next to continue and accept the license agreement. Then, press next.
- Set the location where you want to install the software. Select the folder where files will be stored.
- In the Select Additional Tasks dialog box, select checkboxes as per your choice. Click Next.
- Make sure your selections are correct. Click on Back if you need to make any changes. After you are ready, click on the Install button to start the installation process.
- Wait for some time while the installation gets done. After installation is complete Stellar Repair for MS SQLSetup Wizard window opens. Click Finish.
Restore the SQL Server Database using Stellar Repair
With Stellar Repair, you will be able to restore a SQL Server database easily. Follow this guide to recover and rebuild a corrupted SQL database.
You can follow this guide right away if you are done with the installation process.
- Launch the Stellar Repair for MS SQL on your computer.
- A browser interface opens. If you know where the corrupted .mdf file is, click on the ‘Browse’ and select that file. Do not worry if you have no idea where the corrupted file is. Just go to the location of .mdf files and hit the ‘Search’ button.
- Select the corrupted file and click on the ‘Repair’ button. This will start the repairing process.
- In just a few amount of time, you will start seeing all the different files available for recovery on the display. Select the files you want to recover.
If you are having trouble finding any particular file, search for it in the ‘Find Tree Items’ search box in the menu bar. Use the options – ‘Match case’ or ‘Match whole word’
- After selecting the files for recovery, hit the ‘Save’ button. A new window will open up now for connecting to the server and location for recovered files. Just provide the ‘Server/Instance Name’ and the folder destination where you want to store recovered files. Click on the ‘Connect’ button to start the repairing process.
- After the process is complete, you will see this message being displayed:
“File saved at the desired path”
And that’s it!
You have successfully repaired a corrupted database using Stellar Repair. When it comes to SQL database repair, this tool is very powerful, helpful and easy to use. If you are still unsure about whether to buy Stellar Repair or not, you can try its trial version and decide it yourself.