Python Programming and its History
Python programming is a general-purpose language that can be applied in many fields. Equipping yourself with Data Science Certification like python helps to understand how the program works. Additionally, Python can be applied to all major computer operating systems. The language is helpful in different roles such as processing of texts and images. There are various fields where Python has been applied. These include Google, YouTube, NASA, and others. A significant feature of Python is that it’s an explainable language meaning that you need not transform it into machine-readable code. Although in the past, interpreted programs have been looked down upon as inferior, Python has changed this view because vast applications are now written on it.
History of Python Programming
The history of Python is traced back to the 1980s. The idea was conceived by Guido Van Rossum and designed by the Python Software Foundation. The idea was to create a programming language that resembles ABC programming. Just like the ABC programming language, the Python language was also conceived in the Netherlands. The researchers of Python language wanted to create a programming language that focuses on scanning a code and syntax that lets programmers articulate ideas in minimal code lines.
Guido Van Rossum started working on the Python project in the late 1980s. For Guido van Rossum, this was a pastime idea that he was trying to see how whether it would resemble ABC programming, which he played a significant role in creating. The ABC language could interface with the Amoeba operating system. Because he had worked on the ABC language, Guido Van Rossum had noted some weaknesses that he wanted to improve through Python Programming. He borrowed some notable aspects of ABC and applied them in coming up with an improved scripting language Guido Van Rossum, named this programming Python, which he derived from a BBC show where he was a fan. The show was called ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus.’ The Python Programming language was launched in 1991. Its codes are few in comparison with C++ and C.
From the time of its creation, Python has had different versions. These include:
- Python Version 0.9.0-This was the first version that was released in 1991 by Guido Van Rossum. The core features of this version were inheritance classes, functions, unique handling, and others. The present in this version was a module system. There was the formation of a discussion forum for Python at this stage.
- Version 1-This milestone was attained in 1994. The version had a variety of features, including reducing, filter, map, and others.
- Version 1.2-This was released in 1995.
- Python 3.7.3-This is the latest version released in 2019. It has various highlights, including context variables, classes of data, built-in breakpoints, and others. These features help the version to perform robustly and doing away with the use of ASCII
Advantages of using Python Programming language
There are various benefits of applying Python as a Programming language. These include:
- A variety of support libraries-Python contains vast support libraries in various sections. These include string website, platform service equipment, and string running. The lengths of the codes are short, as most programming tasks are scripted.
- The integration of features-Python has certain features that make it ideal for the development of web services. It applies the features of COBRA and COM to develop platform solutions. It applies various programming services like C, C++, to offer the best service.
- Enhances programmer’s Productivity-Due to the presence of vast support libraries, Python enhances the productivity of any programmer by enabling to apply various languages like C++ and Java.
- Productivity-The Python language has robust features, testing frameworks, and improved control capacities. These attributes make it enhance the speed of most of its applications.
Downsides of using Python Programming language
In spite of the various strengths of this programming language, it has various weaknesses. These include:
- Challenge is applying other languages-Most Python programmers are obsessed with its features and may not learn about the other programming languages such as Java.
- Speed-Because Python is an interpreted language; it’s sluggish when compared to languages like C and C++. This limitation makes it not to be liked by many programmers who are conscious of the speed to execute their projects.
- Mobile development-This language is not the best for mobile development. It’s majorly applied to desktops and server sites.
- Memory application-Python consumes enormous amounts of memory. In case you want to perform a memory-intensive exercise, it’s not the best program to utilize.
- Run time errors-Because python language is typed, and it has numerous model limitations. Even when you take time to test its application, still errors crop up.
Applications of python programming
Due to its various features and library support system, Python has a multiplicity of applications. This section highlights and explains some of the applications as follows:
- Applications-Python is applied in designing various applications such as web, software design, Graphic design applications, scientific application, and others. This is because language is friendly and highly interactive. When you apply Python, you easily develop your website with minimal trouble. The language contains libraries and tools that you can easily apply in web development. These include HTML and XML.
- Various programming applications– The language is helpful to other programming languages and paradigms. The python features help in the development of various applications, which may be simple or complex.
- Lively library-robustness of python library helps programmers in developing various applications. The library helps the developer to choose Python instead of other programs whose libraries are weak. The various modules that are found within the python library assist the developer in creating various functionalities.
- Compatibility with multiple platforms-Python is compatible with various platforms and systems and can be applied when developing applications on them. Because the language is interpreted, it can be run on any platform and system.
- Access of database-With python, you quickly access any database. Furthermore, the language can assist in individualizing the interfaces for easy application. You can access such a database like ODBC, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Code readability-one of the benefits of using Python is the ability to read and service the code efficiently. You can reapply the code any time the need arises — the code assists in creating personalized applications and software. Software engineers can use Python to support them when developing programs.
- Development of software is simplified-When you apply Python, you simplify the process of complicated software development. You can design complicated applications like those in the areas of science and statistics. In statistics, Python can assist in areas like data analysis and visualization.
- An open-source framework-Because python is an open-source computer programming language, and you can easily access it. This is important when you want to reduce the cost of software development. The many tools and libraries of Python assist you in developing your software without incurring much cost.
- Application of Python in desktop GUI-Python is compatible with various features of a desktop application, including TK.
- Education-Python has a large community and is one of the best programming languages that can be used at the introductory level of computer programming at schools and colleges.
- Python application in business- There are various business applications that can use Python. These include Enterprise Resource Planning and online businesses.
- Games and 3D Graphics-Pythons has features that can assist you in developing games and 3D libraries.
How Python compare to other languages
How to download and install Python
The procedure of downloading and installing Python on your machine is simple. Follow the following procedure when downloading Python:
- Ensure that you have on your machine
- Enter the word Python in a search engine
- On your windows try to search for Python launcher and download the latest version of Python
The python version you install depends on the type of windows you’re using. For instance, if you’re operating Mac, you can install the latest version
Python is arguably one of the best computer programming languages at the moment. It has excellent features, tools, and libraries that can support a multiplicity of applications. This blog has offered you helpful information about its history, applications, advantages, and downloading and installing it.