In this article, we’ll learn about how you can change your SSID. Apart from that, you’ll also learn about the Multi-SSID configuration and guest Wi-Fi. So, let’s quickly get started and find out how to change your SSID.
How to Change your SSID Using 191.168.l.254?
SSID or you can say Service Set Identifies is just another term used for the network name. You might probably be aware of the term Wi-fi networks and router such as 192168l254 that are uniquely identified by a sequence of characters.
Now, in case you never customized your Wi-Fi name or other information, then here is the guide, which will help you do that within a few minutes.
- First, type the router’s IP address on the web browser and press enter.
- You need to log in with the default user_name as well as password.
- Once done, click on the setup and choose the wireless settings options.
- Type the new SSID in the place it asks.
- Save all the settings and bingo!
Congratulations! You have changed the router SSID successfully. All the settings will be displayed once you restart the router.
Note:- If you think you enter the fake Wi-Fi name and it works, then I would tell you it didn’t work. Also, it’s not a good practise!
Configuring the Multi-SSID and Guest Wi-Fi
So do you know what multi-SSID?
There is nothing like Multi-SSID; however, it is a mode with which you can access point creates multiple wireless networks, which overall assist you in the security and VLAN groups.
Here is how you can create multiple SSID and guest Wi-Fi routers from the manufacturers.
- Enter the router’s IP address in the web browser and click on go.
- Once the site opens up enter the user_name and password.
- Now you need to select the guest network. Check all the boxes of Enable SSID broadcast.
- Give the guest network name and quickly chose the security option.
- Save changes by tapping on the ‘Apply’ button and wait for a while.
No, once you have changed the Router IP address 192.168.l.254, still you might have faced that your internet is slow.
So, here is the possible solution for that Who is Connected to My Router?
Who is Connected to My Router?
1. First, you need to find out the router’s IP address.
Note:- Well, most of the router IP address is 192.168.l.254; and https://192168l254.online/192-168-100-1/ however, you can still check this out by going to the router’s website.
2. Type the IP address in the browser window and log in as an administrator.
3. Look options ‘My Network’ or ‘Attached Devices.’
4. Here you can see all the devices connected with your router. You can remove all those devices which you think shouldn’t be yours and can permanently ban its MAC address.
You have come through the guide, which will help you to change your SSID and multi-SSID. Moreover, we have also mentioned the manual, which will help you to find how many devices are connected with your router.
Now, if you have any queries or suggestions, leave a comment below. We’ll be happy to assist you!