Cheerleading refers to a high-intensity sport that features stunting, tumbling, and high-flying tricks. It requires stamina, determination, and flexibility so that you can succeed as a cheerleader.
One of the most important gears you need is white cheer shoes. Wearing white shoes while performing or practicing can help you do those jumps, flips, lifts, and stunts without sustaining any injury. Check out this blog post to learn more about lightweight and comfortable cheer shoes.
White cheer shoes even though they are durable they are not like white sneakers which can be worn everywhere. They need to be specially cleaned and well cared for so that they can maintain their white color.
While cleaning cheer shoes it can be a bit difficult and challenging because most of them are all-white. In this article, we are going to show you how to clean white cheer shoes.
Prepare the working area and gather the require cleaning materials
The first thing you should do is prepare the area you plan to clean your white shoes. Once you do that, you should assemble all the cleaning materials which you need. These include an old and used toothbrush, rubber gloves, an old towel, clean rag, water, and bleach.
Put your hand in the shoe to hold it to shape
This will help you gain better control of the shoe while cleaning it. You can also put old newspapers into the shoe so that it has the right shape for cleaning.
Brush the shoe
Using toothpaste and an old toothbrush, gently brush the dirty parts of your shoe in a circular motion. If you are cleaning the sole of your white shoe, make sure that you scrub a bit harder. Once you are done,
Use the power of bleach
This step is necessary if the last one did not work in removing all the stains and dirt from the cheer shoe. Bleach is a great option for cleaning hard and deep stains as well as dirt which toothpaste cannot remove. While cleaning your shoes, make sure you wear rubber gloves then use a mixture of bleach and water to clean your white cheer shoes.
Store your white shoe correctly
This is the final step on how to clean white cheer shoes. Storing your white shoes correctly can go a long way in ensuring they are clean and are in good condition. Do not squish the shoes in your closet, in a travel bag, or pile bags to avoid damaging its original shape.
Tips for maintaining and keeping your white cheer shoes clean
- Only wear your white cheer shoes at performances and practice. This means you should not wear your shoes before or after practice or walking outdoors.
- Invest in another pair of shoes or sandals which you can wear before or after performance or practice. This can prevent your white shoes from getting exposed to rough surfaces thus lengthening its lifespan.
- If your white cheer shoes get dirty, make sure you clean them right away. You can use a white, damp cloth to do the cleaning. In case that does not work, you can add a little soap to the damp cloth.
- In case you plan to use bleach, make sure that you do not apply it in the colored section of your shoes.
- When you are not wearing your white cheer shoes, you must store them sitting in an upright position so that they do not get squished. If this happens, it can ruin the shape of your white shoes making it prone to rips between the upper and sole.
- Make sure that you pack the white shoes in a cheer bag so that you can prevent transferring smells and stains to and from your workout uniform.
White cheer shoes are supposed to be perfectly white to be used for competitions, but it is not easy to keep the shoes clean during practice. Whenever your white cheer shoes or sneakers are dirty, you need to remove the dirt as quickly as possible.
Luckily, you can remove grime from your shoes using the household items which are readily available in your house. The items you will need for cleaning include bleach, basic toothpaste, clean rag, rubber gloves, and water.
You can start by working in a small section of the shoe in circular motions and applying pressure while cleaning. If your shoes have deeper strains that are hard to clean, use some water and household bleach to clean it.
The good thing about keeping your cheer shoes clean is that it can make you feel confident while practicing and performing. Hopefully, the solution provided in this article on how to clean white cheer shoes will help preserve the condition of your shoes for a long time.